background 1

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shower and a Soapbox

This past weekend we made another trip to NOVA for my cousin Beth's baby shower.  It was such a cute shower and she got a ton of stuff that she will need.  My aunt Tara and cousin Lexi were able to fly over from Texas to attend the shower!  It was nice to see them again. Zach kept handing out kisses to my aunt and everyone that asked for one.  I know my dad is going to be so jealous!  I wish I had gotten some pictures of it.
My aunts from PA also came down to visit with their kiddos.  It was nice to spend time with them and just talk.  Poor Doug.  He was the only guy among 6 girls (plus 1 8month old boy and a 3 year old boy).  My brother was able to hang out with us at times, but Doug still needed some non-shopping guy time, so he hung out at Barnes and Noble and a couple of other "men only" shops.  Yeah...you read that right.  We were right outside of DC and we were shopping.  It was toooooooo hot to do anything else.  Seriously, 105 is stupid hot.  Doug wanted to take the metro into DC and go to a museum, but his idea was vetoed.  Remember...6 girls?  It's a good thing we didn't because when we were leaving the mall the skies opened up and rain POURED down.  I heard on the radio as we drove home that a lot of the metro was closed due to tree limbs blocking the tracks that we would have needed to get back to our cars.
Speaking of DC...I know I spent most of my childhood in that area, but let me just jump up on my soapbox for a minute...aaaheeem....WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!  Why is it that once you come off of any other highway onto one that ends in 5 (495, 95, 695, 295...etc) everyone forgets how to drive?!?!?!  They drove me craaaaaaaazy all down 495 and 95.  Yes...it was raining and I know that we haven't seen it in a while, but admire it and keep driving!!  When you see an accident on the OTHER side of the BARRIER WALL, don't try to see what's going on!!!  That's how you cause accidents on OUR side!!!  Hence the 2 cars that apparently hit and one caused the other to spin around and face the opposite direction of traffic.  PAY ATTENTION!!  When you are driving down a "hill", don't be afraid and brake the whole way down...just drive!!  If you are unable to drive next to a wall barrier in a construction zone without using 2 lanes of traffic (my lane included in that 2)...switch me lanes because clearly you can't handle it.  You live in the DC metro area for petes sake!!  You should be used to construction barriers!!!  Please don't stop for everyday normal sightings.  You're used to it...move on.  Why didn't we stop for the random treadmill on the side of 95?  That's not normal and yet we were all NASCAR racing past that!!!  LAAAAAAWWWWWD!!!  I'm glad I don't have any trips planned to DC any time soon!!  I need at least a couple of weeks or maybe months to relax from the drive!!  Ok...stepping down now...whew...thanks.

*~Sarah~*

No comments: