background 1

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Belated 4th!

I meant to post something much earlier than today, but you know...things happen.  So here I am a week after the 4th wishing you a Happy 4th of July!!
Ours was good.  We spent the day at my cousins house in Norfolk swimming in their neighborhood pool.  NIIIIICE!!!  The pool felt so good.  The sidewalk area around the pool...that was a different story.  That could have burned your feet off.  My cousin brought my uncle over and he joined us in the pool.  Poor guy.  His balance isn't that great these day (well, most days) and he really wasn't liking walking around in the pool, so he sat and observed us from the steps of the pool.  He made a little friend while he sat there.  A cute little blonde haired girl kept hanging on the railing saying "Hey!  Watch me!  Watch what I can do!  Did you see that?!"  It was pretty entertaining...for us at least.  After hours at the pool, and 2 naps for Zach, we went and had dinner together.  As usual, it was delicious.

The next day was spent at Doug's parents home in VA Beach.  They got the kids a little baby pool and once again, Zach was in it.  It was a good time.  Clay made delicious ribs and corn on the cob on the grill.  Zach really enjoyed that.  He thinks he's a big boy.
Does she look like trouble?


I joined a mommy and me group where I live.  This is very out of character for me.  I don't normally seek out new people.  I'm content just hanging out at home and talking to people I already know.  Believe it or not, I'm a little shy.  But, I had a really good time.  The women were all really friendly and I felt like I had known them for a long time instead of just a couple of hours.  Another nice thing about this group is all the moms are from my city and a neighboring county.  They get together a few times a week for play dates, lunches, brunches, movies, pool parties, trips to the museums, etc.  It's nice to have adult conversations with other moms!  Believe me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to stay home with Zach, but sometimes you just need to adult contact!!  Ya know?!
My girlfriend Kammy cut my hair last week.  It's shoooort!!  Much shorter than I've ever had it before!  I like it though!  It's off my neck and it's pretty much wash and wear.  It's so easy to take care of.  I'll post some pictures when I take some.
Zach has had me almost to my breaking point the last couple of days.  The boy has been teething something fierce and he has just been miserable.  Nothing I did made him feel any better (hence the breaking point comment).  The other day he just cried and cried and screamed.  Before he goes to bed he gets a bottle, so I made him one and gave him some motrin to help his pain.  I fed him and rocked him and in return he puked all over me, all over himself and our leather recliner.  I took him in the bedroom, changed us both and then went back out to the living room to clean the chair and discovered one of my dogs standing there doing it for me.  I needed a drink after that day.  I think Zach could have used one too.
This coming up Sunday (the 18th) we are heading to Norther VA for my brother's Eagle Scout Court of Honor.  The ceremony will be on the same day as his 19th birthday!!  19?!?!?!  Where in the world does time go?  I look at him and still see my little 7 year old baby brother.  Aaaahhh...tear.

Time to clean up my Inner Martha projects...yes yes, I will post pictures when I'm finished with them!

Love,
S~

PS...Do you just want to smooch this face, or is it just me?!  

No comments: