background 1

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Gone Are The Days...

...When I could just put my son in his swing and walk away...or lay him on the bed and know that he wouldn't roll off in the early morning hours.  Since we got home from Texas (2 weeks and 1 day ago) the wee one can now role over front to back and back to front, sit up on his own and army crawl to where ever he wants to go.  I don't know how I feel about this.  On one hand I'm excited because now he can do these things on his own, but on the other hand I'm sad.  I'm sad because my baby is becoming more independent and doing things on his own.  He doesn't seem like such a baby baby anymore.  He's turning into a big boy.  I know he still needs and wants me...hence the screaming he does when he is crawling/scooting as fast as his little arms will take him when I leave the room, but I am starting to miss the teeny tiny baby.  No, this does not mean I want another baby right now.  I'm just saying. 
It is exciting to see these (quick) changes in him!  Now if only I could get him to hold his bottle on his own...

Love,
S~

No comments: