background 1

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009!!!


2008 has come to a close and it was a fantastic year! So much happened within one years time. Doug and I got married, my niece was born, I finished two more semesters of school, my cousin Megan and a few great friends of mine got engaged!! Those are just the highlights!! 2008 did have its hard and sometimes sad times, but I don't really want to dwell on those. Lets recap on this past month...
December came and went so quickly! I can't believe Christmas is over! I'm kind of glad because if I had to hear 10 million versions of every single Christmas song again I was going to pull my hair out!! Aaahhh...gotta love retail.
I finished yet another semester of school. One more down and hopefully three more to go with a possibility of a summer class. This semester seemed so hard. I took four online classes and one I had to got to school for. My online classes seemed so unorganized and became extremely frustrating. I got through it and finished the semester with all A's and B's and a 3.2 gpa. I'm pretty proud of that! I just finished my registration for spring and I think I'm taking 6 classes (1 is a lab) and I'm thinking about putting in one more. I know...I'm crazy! I just want to get it over and done with. I really have my heart set on graduating in Spring 2010. Consider this your invitation in advance for a HUGE graduation party!! hahaha!!
Christmas was wonderful and Santa was very good to me this year. Doug got me a gift certificate for an hour long massage and a facial, a new karaoke game for xbox, 2 subscriptions to magazines that I wanted (Rachel Ray and Southern Living), and he got me my favorite perfume (Ralph Lauren-Blue and for some reason they don't sell it in stores anymore...poo on them). Santa was good to him also. He received (from me) 2 shirts, xbox points, flip flops for next year and an electric saw for his grand ideas! We did receive gifts from friends and family, but it would be too much to list! I'll just say they were awesome gifts!! This was also Maggie's first Christmas and she made out like a bandit from everyone!! Auntie Sarah and Uncle Doug gave her lots of new clothes and toys and a music player that displays images on the ceiling or wall. Her mommy says she loves it. Here are some pictures from my friend Kammy's annual Christmas Eve get together, our Christmas tree and our Rockband Christmas at Doug's parents house.


We also celebrated Charlene's birthday on our Rockband night. We had spaghetti made by Anthony, salad, bread, lots of good wine and a delicious cake.
Doug and I brought in 2009 at our house...with each other. I made homemade stuffed shells and we had wine (does anyone notice my trend with wine? I think I like it!) and by 1030 we were both in bed! At least we were with each other!!
I think this is all I will write for now. I'm sure I'll write again this month. Hope everyone is well and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Love,
Sarah

No comments: