background 1

Sunday, July 24, 2011

How did I miss this?

I'm not entirely sure how I missed telling the world that I have a brand new nephew!!!
That's right...my sweet nephew was born June 7, 2011 and weighed 7lb 12oz and I think he was 19in long (his mommy can correct me).  He looks just like my brother did when he was a baby!!  TONS of dark hair that sticks straight up!!  He's so cute!
We went to visit last weekend and Zach met his cousin for the first time...he was not interested!  We kept trying to get him to come over and talk to him, kiss him, hug him...nope.  It was like Braiden had the plague!  Oh well...maybe next time he'll be interested.
While we were up in NOVA, we went and visited my cousins Beth, Lauren and Audrey.  I'm pretty sure Josh was there, but he was sleeping!  It was such a short visit.  I hate that.  We wanted to get started back on the road at a decent time, so that meant our visit was less than 2 hours.  I feel like I need to go up there for an extended weekend just so I can spend some good, quality time with everyone.
There really isn't anything else going on that really exciting.  Just going to work and spending my free time with Zach.  I will say this, Zach is starting to say a lot of words!  He learned a new one the other day..."mine".  Nice.  He can also say:
"daddy", "mommy", "night night", "Abby", "bye bye", "hi", "hello", "thank you", "please", "excuse me", "no" (he's really good at that one), "Moo Moo", "Bumpa", "Maggie" (he's says it with a D instead of an M), "again", "yeah" and "potty"...which he's given up on.  He probably says more than this, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head.  He can also tell me what certain animals say, what the train says (because we have them going through our city ALL the time) and he's a pretty amazing dancer.  I can't believe how fast he is growing up.  I really need to charge my camera so I can take some pictures.  I would love to take video, but he knows when the camera is out and then he wants it.
Well, I need to go write down my menus for the next 2 weeks..

S~

No comments: