background 1

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What a bootiful month

Well the month of October is just about over. Kinda sad, but it means that my birthday is coming up!!! This month has been a blast for us. The weather finally changed and it feels like fall...my favorite season!!! The leaves are changing and Doug says it smells cold out which makes him happy.

My friends Kammy and Danny just bought their first home together, so on the 12th we went over to help them celebrate home-ownership. It's a cute little ranch in Va Beach. They have already done so much work to it. I know once they are done it will look beautiful!

On October 18th, Doug's parents held their annual oyster roast. We were a little nervous because the weather wasn't supposed to be in our favor, but it worked out. They put up tents just in case it rain, but it was just chilly and pretty windy. The turnout was a lot smaller than years past, but still fun!


On October 25th our friends Jen and Geoff hosted a Halloween party. I went as Betty Rubble and Doug decided to go as a man in his "birthday suit". We had a great time. Jen and Geoff put a lot of time into decorating and preparing food for all of us to enjoy. As you can tell by the pictures, we had a lot of fun!! In the picture are of course Doug and myself, the blond, domestic goddess is Jen, her husband is in the red and white t-shirt and our friend Anthony has the big letter P on his shirt and a black eye. He was a "black eyed pea"! Jen also dressed her dog up as a cat. It was very cute!








Speaking of dressing up their animals...Doug and I, well mostly me, dressed up Abby and Rowan in costumes. Rowan was a pumpkin and Abby was a ladybug. They were both too big for their costumes, but they still looked really cute. Rowan hated it and cried the whole time he had it on!! Abby pretty much just goes with the flow of things. She would run around the yard and look like she was flying!






















School is going ok. I received my midterm grades and they were all great except for one class. I really need to work hard to improve in that one. I registered for spring classes today. I'm getting pretty excited because looking at it, I have about 1 year left!! I am hoping and planning on being finished spring 2010 I believe. I am so excited that I will finally have a degree. I'm pretty proud if I do say so myself. It's taken me such a long time, but I feel very rewarded.
I've had to go to the doctor recently. I have been very dizzy lately and I feel as though my heart palpitations have increased. The doctor did a complete blood panel which showed everything as normal (except my sugar...I need to call her about that) and has been doing tests on me. I had a table tilt test yesterday which tries to mimic my symptoms to diagnosis what is going on with my heart, if that's even what it is. Today I picked up an even monitor which monitors my heart. I have to wear it for 30 days and it is not all its cracked up to be! I've only had it on a few hours and I can't wait to get it off!! I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on what's going on. I'm sure it will all work out to be fine.
I think that is all for now! I hope everyone is doing well!! Our family is doing great!! You can tell by the pictures that our niece Maggie is getting bigger! She is starting to smile now! I LOVE it!!! We have a lot going on next month as well, with my birthday, my dad's birthday (which I can't celebrate with him ... sorry dad...happy birthday! love you!!) my aunts birthday, my cousin's birthday and Thanksgiving so I can't wait to fill you all in next month!! We are hoping that our cousins from Canada will be able to come down for our Thanksgiving too!!! That would be wonderful!!!
Love,
Sarah








































No comments: